Wideride Version of the CX
The day water skiers found the magic combination of carbon fiber and PVC foam core slalom skis, the water ski world changed. If you weren't skiing on a ski with this carbon fiber-PVC foam combination, you were at a significant disadvantage from your competitors. More importantly you were missing out on the most amazing feeling of effortless acceleration you have ever imagined. For years skiers were forced to purchase high end, traditional width, tournament slalom skis, designed to make 6 turns at the shortest line lengths imaginable, in order to feel the rush and exhilaration only the world's finest ski materials had to offer. The truth is, the majority of these skiers weren't tournament level slalom course skiers and really needed a completely different ski for their typical cross-over ski environments.
These skiers would make performance and efficiency sacrifices in order to feel the magic of carbon and PVC foam. That is until now. HO is proud to introduce the 2017 Superlite Collection of Cross-Over skis, constructed with the same proprietary combination of aerospace carbon fiber and Superlite PVC foam core technology found on the legendary Syndicate skis, but in Cross-Over specific shapes designed for the ultimate in performance and efficiency. Finally skiers can enjoy the magic feeling only the world's finest water ski materials have to offer on a shape designed specifically for the type of skiing they enjoy.
The all-new 2017 Cross-Over SL TX marries the high performance design of a Syndicate ski, with the ultra-efficient Clean Edge technology of a Freeride ski. The all new 2017 HO design team began with a record-breaking Syndicate ski design, increased the surface area of the ski by one ski size from the tip of the ski to the just behind the heel of the rear foot. Behind the rear foot the skis transition from traditional to futuristic, as the sidewalls rotate inward like a wakeboard edge and ski bevels disappear in the tail section of the ski. The combination of these two features allows the water to release cleanly off the bottom of the ski, as opposed to the traditional ski design in which water wraps around the bevel of the ski, up the sidewall and releases of the upper edge of the ski, thereby reducing the drag associated with this portion of the ski by 50%. Clean Edge technology is a step into the modern age of ski design and the lack of physical effort required to ride these skis will forever change a skier's perception of what is possible. Imagine riding a Syndicate ski designed to rip off 60 turns instead of 6 and you will begin to understand the powerful combination of performance and efficiency skiers are tapping into on HO Cross-Over Collection skis.
- Superlite Constructiona proprietary combination of aerospace carbon fiber and Superlite Core Technology
- Wide Ride ShapeIncreased lift equals decreased drag, for slower speeds, heavier skiers, or energy saving skiing
- Clean Edge TechnologyFor 50% less drag than conventional skis
- Speed SkinAdvanced laminar textured ski base for reduced ski drag and increased ski speed
- Acceleration Flex Automatic turn initiation for instant acceleration
- Syndicate Adjustable Fin Block
- HandmadeHandmade in Seattle, WA USA
XMax Front and Rear Boots
The ultimate cross-over boot just got better with the addition of the wishbone stiffening pattern and marshmallow foam liner. A reshaped toe pattern, new tongue curve and static lace in the lower lace zone, locks down the skiers foot for precision control. The new footbed anchoring system ensures your footbed stays put, even when your body positions get out of whack!
- Direct Connect System
- Natural Edge Angle for precise edge control & improved balance
- Industry Shortest Flex Footprint virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots
- Micro Adjustment for infinite fore/aft and 7 degrees of rotational adjustment
- Improved Toe Pattern and TongueLow Drag Bungee Upper, Static Lower with improved lace management
- Dual Lace ZonesLow Drag Bungee Upper, Static Lower with improved lace management
- Footbed Anchoring System50% more Velcro coverage & Velcro to aluminum plate riveting